Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
All prices are based on GBP £ and where applicable will have the standard vat rate (currently 20%). Prices and stock levels are subject to change without any notice, however, the customer will only be charged the price shown at the time of purchase. We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or refund an order without any prior notice. A full refund will be given and is subject to the normal bank processing times.
On the rare occasion that a substitution/s be needed, we will do our best to give a like-for-like product and if we are unable to do this we will endeavour to contact you to discuss but if we are unable to reach you, we will make the best decision we can, based on the products in stock so as your planned delivery or collection may be processed and completed.
Carriage costs are an additional charge and are not included in the individual product price. This will be determined at the checkout option. When placing your order this gives us consent to contact you about your order. Contact may be by phone, email, WhatsApp or other communication apps.
Our delivery service is via either our local delivery service or via courier. Costs are calculated at checkout based on your postcode and the days we deliver. For our national courier delivery option please note we only send out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We use a next-day 24-hour delivery service; however, this is not a guaranteed service and may in exceptional circumstances take up to a further 24 hours. All the deliveries unless requested are on a “Leave safe if no answer” basis however should the courier feel that there is not a safe place to leave your delivery, it will be taken back to the depot and the responsibility will be upon the customer to arrange collection or a re-delivery. Please note the packaging is only designed to keep the food safe for transport for 48 hours so should this fall outside of that time, Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark on Raw would not be liable for any losses that occur. Although most parcels arrive within the next day 24-hour delivery period please allow for someone to be able to receive the parcel for up to 48 hours to be safe. By accepting the “leave safe if no answer” should the parcel be delivered but then stolen we cannot be held liable for this. Couriers are tracked and we will request confirmation from them regarding the delivery in the event of any queries.
Should you amend any part of the delivery i.e. address or delivery date once dispatched, Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw will not be liable should any losses occur. Couriers will not bring the delivery into your home; the service is to bring it to the address that has been supplied. Should this be a communal reception area then the courier’s company instructions may be to leave it at the reception for the address given.
For our local delivery service once you check out it will give you the options for all the next available delivery slots. Should you have any difficulty or need help then please do email email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
If any discrepancies, please notify us within 12 hours of delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints / Concerns or Congratulations
It is of the utmost importance to us that our customers are happy however we do acknowledge that occasionally things may go wrong so please do let us know and allow us to rectify this.
Should the complaint or concern be over produce, we ask that you email us and provide the product name/batch code and best before date/date purchased / photos and if possible the receipt as well. Email address email@example.com
If the complaint or concern is service related please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue.
And finally, if we have made you happy then we also love to know as this makes all the team exceptionally smiley. You can share on our social media Facebook / Instagram or email email@example.com
Alternatively, you may send a letter to:-
Embark UK Group Ltd
Whitesbridge Farm Ind Estate
Our store is like a lovely little hive of happy activity and we are always on hand to help advise or offer support. Pets are welcome in-store and we ask that they are kept on a short lead, be well trained and be human and dog friendly.
Please check your receipt once paid as any discrepancies may not be able to be rectified once you have left the store.
Frozen Raw Food Handling
Your pet’s delicious frozen food needs to be defrosted on the bottle shelf of the fridge, in a covered bowl away from other human food. The time it takes to defrost is very much dependent on the temperature of your fridge, how much food is in your fridge and the size of the frozen food that is being defrosted. As a guide. defrosting can take from 24-48 hours. The food will last a further 3-4 days once defrosted. Please do not be tempted to defrost outside of the fridge, this can cause temperature fluctuations and encourage the growth of not-so-pleasant bacteria to start partying. This is more of a safety procedure for us humans. Please wash your hands/kitchen sides and pet bowl with an appropriate cleaning solution and do not let children play or handle the raw meat and no kisses from your pet straight after eating, no one likes a raw slobbery kiss! Any advice on this please just ask away as it’s very important to feed your dog his natural species-appropriate diet and we want you to know the dos and don’ts!
For purchases in-store and online, sadly we do not offer refunds or exchanges if your pet does not like the flavour. We have very strict temperature control in-store and once the food has left us, we are unable to guarantee this and we, therefore, are unable to restock or resell. Should there be any other issues with the food/ treats please contact us immediately. Please do not dispose of the packaging or product until we have been in contact. Failing to do this could result in a refund not being made.
For any missing or damaged items please report them within 12 hours of delivery.
Any refund made will be subject to the bank’s normal processing time and will be made back to the original payment method.
Loyalty Cards /Discounts and Vouchers
Promotions are not able to be used in conjunction with other discounts and loyalty points will not be added when purchasing items on promotions or discounts.
We reserve the right to amend or cancel any discount code and/or any promotions at any time without any notice or prior advertisement. Offers and promotions may come with different terms and conditions. In the event of any misuse, we reserve the right to refuse any further use.
We reserve the right to refuse a discount/voucher.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, or governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of their use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of the information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw details
- Embark Uk Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 13544722 whose registered address is Registered office address First Floor, 81-85 High Street, Brentwood, England, CM14 4RR and it operates the Website www.embarkonraw.co.uk. The registered VAT number is 402691320.
You can contact Embark UK Group Ltd t/a Embark On Raw by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.